[cmsms_row data_padding_bottom=”50″ data_padding_top=”0″ data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0.5″ data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_position=”top center” data_color=”default” data_padding_right=”3″ data_padding_left=”3″ data_width=”boxed”][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
“Power Yoga: Boosting Physical and Mental Strength, Balance and Flexibility”
A 5,000 years old philosophy, having its roots in India and literally meaning “Union” in the Sanskrit language, Yoga has become an integral part of many individual’s days to day life, worldwide. Basically, a union of mind, body, and spirit, having no religious contentions, Yoga has become an integral part of the main stream health and fitness scenario. Yoga as a fitness approach has been modified and used by many to suit their lifestyle and social environment. One of such modification is Power Yoga which is based on the Vinyasa style yoga which has been closely modeled on the Ashtanga yoga approach. Borrowing athleticism from Ashtanga approach and including a variety of Vinyasas, the Power Yoga approach allows the yoga teacher to follow a flexible pattern of training to its students. In, Power Yoga, every session can be designed differently as the yoga poses can be taught in any order without any compulsion to follow a particular sequence. This makes every session more relaxing and full of fun.
“Power Yoga: What to expect from every session?”
Frankly, do not expect a set pattern at a Power Yoga session, as every session is usually different than the last one. This yoga approach is more than just letting out your body sweat or putting your feets behind your ears. Here, one gets addicted to lead a happier, healthier, calmer and positive life, daily. The poses in this yoga approach, challenge oneself physically and mentally, allowing intense flowing of breath and keen focus of mind with minimal chanting and meditation.
Every Power Yoga session allows the individual:
- To be more energetic and filled with full of positivity.
- To achieve more concentration and have a keen focus towards each and every area of day to day living.
- To reduce back pain attacks, in turn, focusing more towards achieving a better body posture.
- Mental Energy to fight back, panic and anxiety attacks and improve socializing skills.
- To be more flexible physically, by enhancing the cardiovascular efficiency, in turn, imparting more athletic ability to the body.
- To achieve more muscular toning and lose body weight without harming the overall body structure.
“Power Yoga: Beneficial Tips”
- For Pregnant Ladies, it is advisable to consult your doctor before practicing Power Yoga.
- For any individual suffering from any ailment, it is better to consult the physician before the start of the power yoga classes.
- It is advisable to inform the yoga instructor if you have faced any kind of ailment in the past or are facing it currently.
- Though practicing Power Yoga during the early morning, is advisable, but it is better to consult the yoga teacher before hand.
- On the clothing front, one should wear sweat absorbent clothing which is fully comfortable and has a perfect fitting.
- It is better to learn Power Yoga from a Yoga expert than self-learning through some pre-recorded session such as a DVD or from a book.
- Do not over exert yourself and practice power yoga for about 3 times a week where in each session should not last for more than about 45 minutes ( 3 times x 45 minutes = 7 days).
“Physical Benefits of practicing Power Yoga”
- Increased flexibility, stamina and strength which reduces the risk of bodily injuries during daily physical activities.
- Elimination of Toxins present in sweats and the overall performance of the immune system is enhanced allowing a fight back with infections and cancer causing cells.
- Can be practiced by anyone and of all age groups. Even people facing physical ailments such as arthritis can do it.
- Improves Muscle Tone and reduces back pain, providing the body with a good posture.
- Increases blood flow by making the platelets less sticky and fostering reduction of clot-promoting proteins. Due to lesser blood clots, chances of heart attacks and strokes gets decreased.
- Body weight is reduced due to the burning of calories.
“Mental Benefits of practicing Power Yoga”
- Decreases mood swing attacks. The individual remains calm and happy throughout the day.
- Builds self-confidence and enhances socializing skills. Individuals practicing Power Yoga become more confident and approach others around them with more positive attitude. This helps them to socialize without fear.
- Improves sleep quality and reduces stress levels. An individual’s sleep quality gets enhanced positively after practicing Power Yoga though the amount of sleep is kept at the same level as earlier. Stress level is reduced as the tension triggering elements get decreased.
- Practicing Power Yoga can improve concentration up to a considerable level. An individual’s ability to remember things on a day to day basis is also improved.
“Some common Poses for Power Yoga”
Though there is no set poses in Power yoga, but one can easily practice the following poses or asanas without much ado. Following the same pattern or not is entirely the individual’s own choice.
- Child’s Pose or Balasana
- Downward-Facing Dog Pose or Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Standing Forward Bend or Uttanasana
- Bow Pose or Dhanurasana
- Locust Pose or Salabhasana
- Upward Bow Pose or Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Camel Pose or Ustrasana
- Boat Pose or Navasana
- Hero Pose or Virasana
- Reclining Hero Pose or Supta Virasana
- One-Legged King Pigeon Pose or Rajakapotasana
- Headstand or Sirsasana
- Shoulderstand or Sarvangasana
- Legs-up-the-Wall Pose or Viparita Karani
- Corpse Pose or Savasana
“Food for Thought”
Do practice Power Yoga, if you are looking for an easy and relaxing fitness approach which not only strengthens you physically and mentally but also imparts balance and flexibility at both the levels.
And if you need any support or guidance, you can always count us.